Hi there everyone, kinda in busy mode this few weeks. Noticed my blog posts decrease from 17 to 9, then to 5 and now 2 for this month, decided to put in some crap here. Ahaha.
First of all, the 5 subjects I am taking now are getting crazier and crazier. Even in Mathematics I am seeking for help to finish my tutorial questions. Well, the craziest thing, I have printed 49 sets of past year paper to attempt. 49!! and I have to finish it by 26th November. Haha that leaving me no choice but to further increase my curfew for studying (including reading and doing exercises) to 12am every day besides Wednesday, Friday and Saturday which are optional. Gonna start today. Yea, right now. =)
Are you wondering why the title of this entry is 'humble'? Let me tell you a story. It happened in my taekwondo club here in NUS.
There is this new COMPLICATED-background guy here in our club. Why is that complicated? He is a Taiwanese, but studied in Malaysia since secondary school, and now studying in NUS Singapore. He learned taekwondo when he was studying in Malaysia, under I-don't-know-and-I-don't-care club. He was kinda showing off the first 2 days he arrived, telling peoples that he is a second dan, talking like he is very great, kicking so powerful like no one can compete with him while we are just in light-contact-sparring, wonder if he knows what's light-contact/no-contact means.
Alright, then he got what he deserved. Sir scolded him in front of everyone of us yesterday, for his too-powerful kicking during light-contact-sparring and his attitude. I wonder whether he will still be coming for our training, maybe yes maybe no. Hope he will learn a lesson here that is, he must respect everyone, especially Sir.
Enough of him, I learned a lesson too by listening to what Sir said.
This is only a short sentence, no one might even notice the significance of these words. Although this message is not directly for me, but I felt shameful, because for the past few years I have gotten my black belt, especially since my 2nd Dan, I have been showing off quite often. I loved to let people know that I am good in Taekwondo. Is this the attitude a black belt-er supposed to have?
I am glad that I have entered NUS, and join them as NUSTKD club. I felt small here in this club, even a green belt-er kicks better than I do. That was kinda demoralising at first, but I have learnt that the most important thing in my life is to be humble. I dare not tell everyone how long I have been practicing Taekwondo, because compared to them who have been learning for just 1 or 2 years, I still have a lot of rooms for improvement. Well, after one year of training with the club, I have improved. I am finally looking like a black belt-er, and I am happy that I am still as humble as the first day i stepped into the club.
I am certainly not a humble person. I always like to boast myself. But, I will learn to be humble, at least during Taekwondo, starting at Taekwondo.
That is the only way to success in life.
First of all, the 5 subjects I am taking now are getting crazier and crazier. Even in Mathematics I am seeking for help to finish my tutorial questions. Well, the craziest thing, I have printed 49 sets of past year paper to attempt. 49!! and I have to finish it by 26th November. Haha that leaving me no choice but to further increase my curfew for studying (including reading and doing exercises) to 12am every day besides Wednesday, Friday and Saturday which are optional. Gonna start today. Yea, right now. =)
Are you wondering why the title of this entry is 'humble'? Let me tell you a story. It happened in my taekwondo club here in NUS.
There is this new COMPLICATED-background guy here in our club. Why is that complicated? He is a Taiwanese, but studied in Malaysia since secondary school, and now studying in NUS Singapore. He learned taekwondo when he was studying in Malaysia, under I-don't-know-and-I-don't-care club. He was kinda showing off the first 2 days he arrived, telling peoples that he is a second dan, talking like he is very great, kicking so powerful like no one can compete with him while we are just in light-contact-sparring, wonder if he knows what's light-contact/no-contact means.
Alright, then he got what he deserved. Sir scolded him in front of everyone of us yesterday, for his too-powerful kicking during light-contact-sparring and his attitude. I wonder whether he will still be coming for our training, maybe yes maybe no. Hope he will learn a lesson here that is, he must respect everyone, especially Sir.
Enough of him, I learned a lesson too by listening to what Sir said.
"As a black belt-er, we must be humble"
This is only a short sentence, no one might even notice the significance of these words. Although this message is not directly for me, but I felt shameful, because for the past few years I have gotten my black belt, especially since my 2nd Dan, I have been showing off quite often. I loved to let people know that I am good in Taekwondo. Is this the attitude a black belt-er supposed to have?
I am glad that I have entered NUS, and join them as NUSTKD club. I felt small here in this club, even a green belt-er kicks better than I do. That was kinda demoralising at first, but I have learnt that the most important thing in my life is to be humble. I dare not tell everyone how long I have been practicing Taekwondo, because compared to them who have been learning for just 1 or 2 years, I still have a lot of rooms for improvement. Well, after one year of training with the club, I have improved. I am finally looking like a black belt-er, and I am happy that I am still as humble as the first day i stepped into the club.
I am certainly not a humble person. I always like to boast myself. But, I will learn to be humble, at least during Taekwondo, starting at Taekwondo.
That is the only way to success in life.


No comments:
Post a Comment