This has little related to the topic with the same title in my dearest mui-Jeen's blog. It is just so coincident that I have some thought about this topic.
Yes she is right. In every single little thing in our life, we should appreciate them. The best example I could give you is, well, Mathematics again. Normally, people usually take Mathematics Formulae or Theorems for granted. They simply memories the formula derived by some great mathematicians few hundred years ago in order to score well in the exam. This is not a very good habit to practice I supposed. As I said, we shouldn't take it as a gift. What I think would be the best to do is, to look into the derivation of the formula and try to get new insight from there. I bet after you've understand how the formula comes from, you probably will admire the one who created it, the one who was able to come out with such great imagination in deriving the formula. You would appreciate Gauss, Newton, Euler, Archimedes, and many more, for their contribution to our lives.
Well said, The Mathematics has totally derailed my topic for today. So why do I suddenly thought of appreciation?
Everyone knows that, I love to teach. Everyone knows that, I love my friends as well. I love to talk to them, I love to be with them. I feel warm to be with them. Well, most of my friends, they are truely my friends. They talk to me whenever I am bored, they laugh at my jokes. The most important one, they remember me, all the time.
However, you can't guarentee that all your friends will be a true friend. There are certain people, who I do willing to help them whenever they need help, has different kind of attitude that I can't really accept-they only find me when they need my help. Examples? Didn't even message me or talk to me normally, but during exam periods, talking so sweet to me, giving all kind of excuses of why they didn't talk to me much normally, just to make sure I agree to be their tutor. And the worse thing is, when they have already planned a meeting with me so that I could teach them, but suddenly if they don't feel like studying, they just disappeared and didn't inform me at all. Only when I ask them about it, they will only 'thought' of me and say "sorry, will meet you some other time, can?".
Maybe you would think that this is not a big deal, but I just don't feel good for being their friend only when they need me. I don't like to be taken for granted although I wouldn't turn anyone down when someone ask me for help. Well, normally I would really show them that I am unhappy about it. But since it is still in my own creating Charity Month* now, I am trying to tolerate with them, still showing them that I am alright and okay with it, trying my best to make them as comfortable as I could, like nothing had happened.
But you know, I just simply can't allow myself to be used again.
p/s: *if you want to know what my Charity Month is about, ask me directly in MSN, I can't say it here. =)
pp/s: dun worry, you are my true friend. Those I mentioned in this post, will not visit my blog anyway.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Appreciation
Posted by
Swee King, Phang
at
6:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment