Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Warning: High Definition Pictures.



When you first look at this picture, what do you think it is?

No, you didn't get it right. This is actually the close up look at the back of a single playing card, a card from the famous card company in the world, the USPCP(The US Playing Card Company).

Why do I talk about playing cards all of sudden? To all of you, maybe you don't know my 'hidden' hobby yet, and let me introduce my unique and probably biggest hobby of me:


Playing Cards Collection


Well a lot of you might wonder why do I like to collect cards? This lead to another 'hidden' character of me. Don't be shocked when you read this. I was a magician at before I start to collect cards about 7 years ago. Don't fall down from your chair, I was just an amature close-up magician. Being a magician was just my hobby, nothing related to my future job. I have attended the close-up magic course in the International Magic Academy located in SS2 seven or eight years ago, couldn't remember the date well.

Even though my magic impressed almost everyone, it doesn't seems to impress me, myself. However, there was something in the magic course did grab my attention. It was my first high quality playing card I obtained in the same magic course. No, there is nothing wrong with the card, it is a real playing card you could find it everywhere, not in Malaysia, but in the United State. No trick on the card, as I said, it is just a normal deck of card.

So how this deck of cards impressed me? It is just totally different from the playing cards you could easily obtained from shopping mall. It is made by the USPCP and is just so much smoother than all the other cards I have ever touched. When I first hold the cards in my hand, it fell off my hand immediately due to its smooth surface. Slowly I have got used to the smooth surface of the cards and I could well handling it like my own fingers during the card tricks.

Lets not talk about the card tricks but the cards. Since then, I did some research on the USPCP on the products they have and how they produced the smooth surface of the cards. From the information I found, the surface of the cards are coated with a layer of tiny air bubble. How does the air bubble manage to stay on the surface? This I am not sure. I think it has something very thin wrapped on it and stick to the surface of the cards.

The USPCP came out with different brands of playing card. Some of it which I have them in my collections are Bee, Aviator and Aladdin-the same brand as my first playing card obtained from the magic academic. And ofcourse, the best selling card in the world, The Bicycle Card, which is shown in the picture above, which I have collected almost 20 decks of different styles and sizes of it thoughtout these years.

Well, thinking about cards makes me feel like showing you what I have. However, currently I only manage to collect a pair of Aladdin Cards here in Singapore and the rest of my collectables are sleeping at home back in Malaysia. So let me show you how beautiful they are (and also how's my photographing skills =p ).




Have you ever seen a guarentee card before?




The US Playing Card Company




Ace of Spade, the most beautiful card of the deck




Read what it is written there




Read again? =p




my fanning skill remain, after so long




Close up view




Focus on the Ace please(not you, is the camera)




Finally it shows what I want




Haha, My single-hand-fan(ooi I didn't arrange it okay? I could fan this out in 1 second)




Still not enough of it?




Couldn't get myself off this. It's too nice =D




Look closer




When the Aces meet each other




He shows his class




And she shows her beauty




The story of Aces




Red vs Blue




Focus! Focus please camera!




A calendar card?




30th July, My birthday




It's over




The boxes




Made in USA




K for King =)




J for Jeen =D



p/s: Couldn't find R for Ru >.<
pp/s: What am I doing here at 4am? I have an exam tomorrow!
ppp/s: Please go and sleep, King.

1 comment:

f!fifiona said...

hey..where can i get the USPCP cards??so beautiful..