Why is this topic appeared in my blog? I am not teaching you how to use this correctly, but I just found some interesting fact on this.
I went wiki this '!' when she asked me what does that mean. The meaning is clear, it is just an exclamation mark, ordinary one. But I found some extraordinary usage of it.
Well, first of all, it has a few 'nickname', as follows:
Screamer, Bang, Gasper, Startler, and Dog's Cock.
Another interesting fact about this. Somewhere around the world, the place names, are officially contained exclamation mark!
For example :
Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! from Quebec,
Westward Ho! from British.
Amazing?
The usage of exclamation mark in other languages.
French
Used to mark orders or requests.
Eg: viens ici ! (come here.)
German
Used in the salutation line of a letter, replacing comma.
Eg: Lieber Hans! (Dear Hans,)
At the end of an imperative sentence.
Eg: Ruf mich morgen an! (Call me tomorrow.)
Spanish, the weirdest one.
A sentence or clause ending in an exclamation mark must also begin with an inverted exclamation mark.
Eg: ¿Estás loco? ¡Casi la mataste! (Are you crazy? You almost killed her!)
=)
notes: sources from wikipedia
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Exclamation Point
Posted by
Swee King, Phang
at
12:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
viagra buy price iframe viagra cheap price iframe viagra no prescription viagra free pills non prescription viagra homemade viagra bad side effects of viagra viagra rx generic viagra india cialis super viagra viagra buy price iframe buying viagra viagra no prescription generic soft tab viagra
[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big8.jpg[/img][/url]
מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם...
לפרטים נוספים נא גשו לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]
Hi,
I begin on internet with a directory
top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]casino bonus[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]online casino[/url] manumitted no set aside perk at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino online
[/url].
Post a Comment